Support for Parents
At Manor Infant School we aim to work closely with children and parents to support and empower them to overcome any difficulties they face. These may include low self-esteem, emotional issues, behaviour difficulties and poor social skills.
In consultation with individual parents/carers, teachers and pupils our Learning Mentor can support children and families who are in need of additional help by:
- Facilitating Social Skills Groups for children.
- Listening to children and giving them the opportunity to discuss any worries or fears.
- Encouraging positive relationships between home and school and offering parent/carer strategies for behaviour management, routines and so on.
- Delivering Triple P sessions for parents and carers.
- Completing CAFs
- Weekly parent / carer drop in sessions
- Liaising closely with outside agencies such as Children’s Social Care, the Multi- Agency Behaviour Support Service, the Independent Domestic Violence Advocate, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and many others.