What training have the staff supporting children with SEND had?
- One Learning Mentor who is trained to meet the behavioural, social and emotional needs of our children and is fully trained as an ELSA.
- One teaching assistant who is fully trained as ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
- 2 nurture group workers who work to support children with their social and communication needs.
- Teaching assistants have training in delivering reading and spelling/phonics programmes, reading interventions and Precision teaching.
- Staff will be in close liaison with medical professionals regarding any pupil who requires specialist support.
- Staff have received epipen, asthma and first aid training.
- Early Years Assistants are trained in a speech and language narrative programme.
- Three Teaching Assistants have completed the Every Child a Talker Programme and they work with children as a talking partner to improve their speaking and listening skills.